The first of Council's bulk waste collection dates have been announced.
A collection of bulk mixed waste and green waste will begin on 1 April and conclude on 12 April 2019. Residents can place waste on their verge from 22 March onwards.
Outside of these dates, residents who wish to dispose of bulk waste items are encouraged to use tip passes that are available for pre-purchase at reduced rates from the Town’s Administration Office. There is no limit on the number of passes residents may pre-purchase, for mixed waste or green waste.
DOs to help us collect your mixed waste
- Separating the junk from green waste
- Making two separate piles of waste, one for JUST green waste and one for other waste
- Ensure that small, loose junk items are placed in containers that will be disposed of
- Place your mixed waste on your verge
- Ensuring that large appliances (refrigerators, washing machines and dryers) have their doors removed
- Dismantling all large waste items (larger than 1.5 metres in length) for easy collection by our trucks
Please DON’T place
- Rubble, concrete or building materials
- Asbestos or cement products
- Paint, chemicals or motor oil
- Batteries or flammable liquids
- Herbicides pesticides
- Food waste
- Large vehicle parts
Mixed waste can be placed on your verge 10 days prior to the commencement of collection.
You can purchases a Tip Pass from the Town’s Administration Office or at the gates of the West Metro Recycling Centre. Conditions do apply, which are available on the WMRC website or on the Tip Pass itself.
Small trailer load passes are available from the Town’s Administration Office;
- General waste pass - $57.20
- Green waste pass - $38.50