Green waste can be placed on your verge 10 days prior to the commencement of collection.
Dates for 2018 are as follows;
DOs to help us collect your green waste:
- Using ONLY the authorised green waste bags that are available for purchase from the Town of Mosman Park's Administration Centre
- Only placing tree and Shrub Prunings on your verge
- Ensuring that your prunings are no longer than 1.5 metres (5ft)
- Ensuring that your prunings weigh 16 kgs (35lbs) or less
- Ensuring that each branch is less than 150mm in diameter
- Stacking green waste neatly on the street verge with the cut ends facing the street
- Placing waste out any time after ten days prior to the first day of collection
- Put loose green waste in unauthorised bags or plastic bags
- Place loose leaves on the Verge; in Council bags ONLY
- Bundle or bale green waste, tie it with string or place it in boxes or other containers
- Include tree stumps, large tree roots, large tree trunks and branches
- Include soil, sand, turf or contaminated waste
- Include other household rubbish with your green waste
- Deposit waste on the road, footpath, driveway, laneway or in a mews. Residents living in properties that front onto laneways and mews should place their waste on the nearest verge for collection
- Deposit waste after the first day of collection
GREEN WASTE BAGS
To assist residents with their green waste cleanup in anticipation of the bulk verge waste collection, the Town of Mosman Park has made available bags in which you can store your green waste prior to collection.
The bags are durable, meant for repeated use, and are printed with the Town of Mosman Park on the outside, and are designed so that the green waste can be loaded in from the top, with handles on the bottom to make it easier to empty.
We encourage residents to use the authorised bags, and to refrain from placing green waste in plastic or other bags, as Council will not collect green waste that is placed in non-authorised containers
To purchase your green waste bags, for the cost of $5.50* each (inc GST) visit the Town of Mosman Park's Administration Centre at Memorial Park, Bay View Terrace, Mosman Park any time Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 4.30pm.
Council has made arrangements with our contractors who are collecting the waste that all reasonable efforts will be made for the return of the bags following the collection of the waste, but the safekeeping of the bags remains the responsibility of the resident. We encourage residents to mark their bags with permanent marker stating their name and address.