Waste and Recycling

Collection of waste & recyclable material is contracted to Suez [previously known as PerthWaste] who are responsible for all bin repairs & replacement as well as handle all direct enquiries for efficient service. To visit their website, click here

Who do I contact about my bins?

Please contact Suez on 9418 1315, for enquiries relating to:

  • Bin collection (incl. bin days and missed services)
  • Repair of existing bins

Please contact the Town of Mosman Park on 9384 1633, for enquiries relating to:

  • Replacing existing bins
  • Request for additional bins

Who do the bins belong to?

The bins are the property of Suez. Your bins have serial numbers stamped on them and these numbers have been recorded against your property. The bin must remain at the property to which they are delivered.

How many bins are included in a ‘standard rubbish service’?

Each premises in the Town of Mosman Park is issued with two bins:

  • 1 x 120L bin (small bin with a green lid) is the weekly general waste bin and
  • 1 x 240L bin (larger bin with yellow lid) is the recycling bin, which is collected fortnightly on the same day as the general waste bin. 

What happens if I overload or overfill my bins?

If you overfill your bin or your bin is exceedingly heavy, the Town’s contractors will not collect your bin.  You will be required to remove the overloaded waste and contact the Suez to arrange another collection or alternatively wait until your next collection in a week’s time. Overfull bins are a health hazard that attract scavenging birds such as ravens and magpies.

What can I put in my bins?

GENERAL waste bin (120L green-lid):

  • Household rubbish
  • Food waste

RECYCLING waste bin (240L yellow-lid):

The below graphic lists all recyclable materials which are accepted and processed.

What happens to my recycling?

What can I do to make sure items I place in my recycling bin are in fact recycled?

What can’t I put in my bins?

  • ‚ÄčAsh or hot coals/embers
  • Asbestos and building materials
  • Herbicides/pesticides
  • Car batteries
  • Poisons/chemicals/solvents/acids

What is hazardous waste and where can I depose of it?

Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) includes unwanted household products that contain chemicals or substances that can be harmful to you, your family, your pets, or the environment.

The closest facility for Mosman Park residents to dispose of their HHW is:

The JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility
Cr Brockway Road and Lemnos Street
Shenton Park, WA

Residents can dispose up to 20 litres or 20 kilograms of HHW FREE of charge for the following items:

  • Acids
  • Aerosols
  • Alkalis
  • Batteries (lead-acid and dry-cell)
  • Compact fluorescent lights and tubes
  • Cyanides
  • Electronic Waste (incl. mobile phones)
  • Engine coolants and glycols
  • Fire extinguishers (non-halon only)
  • Flammable liquids (e.g. fuels and hydrocarbons)
  • Flammable solids
  • Flares
  • General household chemicals (e.g. cleaning products)
  • Heavy metal compounds
  • Inorganic oxidizing agents (e.g. pool chlorine)
  • Gas cylinders (small household)
  • Smoke detectors
  • Mercury (e.g. thermometers)
  • Organic peroxides
  • Paint
  • PCB materials
  • Pesticides
  • Printer cartridges
  • Solvents
  • Unknown chemicals (must be in sealed, chemical resistant containers)

Mattresses and asbestos are also accepted, but for a fee.  Please contact the Facility for current fees and conditions.

For more information on any of the above, please contact the JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility on (08) 9384 2544.

Opening Hours

Monday to Friday 7.30am - 3.45pm

Weekends 10.00am - 1.00pm

Public Holidays 7.30am - 1.00pm (closed Christmas Day, Good Friday and New Year’s Day)

Is there anywhere locally I can recycle my household batteries and mobile phones?

Yes there is!  Please visit the Town’s Administration Building or Grove Library to conveniently dispose of your household batteries and mobile phones.  

Help I have excess waste to dispose of! Where can I take it?

Residents may dispose of excess rubbish at the JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility, located on the corner of Brockway Road and Lemnos Street in Shenton Park.

To visit the WMRC website, click here, or if you wish to view WMRC's current waste disposal fees, click here.

Additional recycling

Large amounts of recycling can be taken to the recycling yard operated by the City of Fremantle. The recycling yard is located on the corner of Montreal and Knutsford Streets, and is open between 8:00AM and 4:00PM on Saturday and Sunday.

Waterwise council

National Relay Service

People who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment can call the Town of Mosman Park through the National Relay Service.

Find out more ...

Solar Power at the Administration

The Town of Mosman Park has installed solar panels (photo voltaic cells) on the roof of the Administration building. We’re producing power and reducing carbon emissions.

Find out how much ...