Work With Us
About our Organisation
The Town of Mosman Park is a vibrant, flexible and supportive workplace. We have a professional code of conduct and our culture is one of support and respect for each other. Our staff are highly motivated and talented professionals who are encouraged to develop their work skills. We have a positive team environment focussed on enhancing the lives of all who live, work, study, run businesses or own properties in our Town as well as those who visit here.
About our Town
Our beautiful town, nestled Between River and Sea has long been a mecca for boaties, fishermen and beach lovers, who flock to our waterways; and our pristine natural environment has inspired artists of all kinds for generations.
About our Values
The Town of Mosman Park is a highly regarded employer, and positions on our award-winning team are much sought-after. The diverse culture within the Town of Mosman Park is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds - more than 52% of staff are women, with 60% at senior levels. Many staff members were born overseas, and at least one staff member – one of the Depot crew – is aged in his 70s and is setting a positive example for others. By employing persons with some recognised disability, the Town also has a strong record as an equal opportunity employer, and there are three staff members who have served the Town for more than 20 years.
Our staff take pride in their work, and perform in their roles to the highest standards of quality and accountability, guided by our Corporate Values:
- We work together
- We are progressive
- We care
- We are professional
- We connect
- We laugh
What we can offer
The benefits of working as a permanenet employee at the Town of Mosman Park include:
- Location - close to transport (Fremantle Train line and 107 bus route) local schools and child care in a picturesque bayside setting only 15kms from Perth CBD
- Administration staff occupy individual offices - no more open plan!
- Competitive salaries are offered on par with other local governments
- Focus on professional development - mentoring available by experienced, capable and diverse management team
- Working in a smaller, focussed team means exposure to a wide range of experiences and challenges
- Entitlements: 17.5% leave loading, 2 extra days of leave each year, 12.5% superannuation (subject to individual contribution)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Supportive environment including:
- Study Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program that provides access for employees and their immediate family members to free, confidential counselling provided by experienced, qualified counsellors for both work and personal problems
- Free parking
- Health and Wellbeing Programs, including Flu/Hepatitis vaccinations, Health Assessments, Skin Cancer screenings, lunch-time seminars
- Generous uniform allowance
- On-site shower, bike locking and locker facilities
- Lunch room – exemplary facilities
- and... importantly, great tea and coffee!
To join our team, and to find out about our latest vacancies, click here