BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT OFFICER
- Date posted:
- 1 February 2019
- Closing date:
- 17 February 2019
If you have an interest in business improvement, a talent for finding organisational efficiencies and thinking outside the square, this is a role for you!
This position is responsible for driving and implementing business improvement initiatives across the organisation to improve the customer service experience and achieve business outcomes. You will be at the forefront of banning the phrase ‘we have always done it this way’ from the Town, as you weave processes between departments, rebuilding the framework from the ground up.
This is currently a temporary opportunity, but its nature provides excellent exposure to enhance or even begin a career in Local Government as you refine good processes, expel poor practices and align all our processes to statutory requirements, from every department and service area of the Town. If you are up for a challenge, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Level 6/7 Salary Range (pending experience): $69,891.23-$81,487.30, pro rata, excluding superannuation
- Full-time fixed term position (6 month contract)
WHO WE ARE
We are small Local Government Council where there is a strong focus on working to enhance our social and natural environment and ensuring the sustainability of our resources.
Our staff mirror the Town’s Corporate Values – We Laugh; We are Progressive; We Work Together; We are Professional; We Care; We Connect and We Innovate. We seek to recruit staff who resonate with these values.
We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the workforce, increases the effectiveness of teams. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
If you possess the ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines combined with well-developed facilitation and negotiation skills this is the role for you. You will also be a natural networker, able to align goals and create win-win situations at every opportunity, and see and act on opportunities as they present.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Qualifications, training or accreditation in at least one organisational improvement methodology (for example, Lean, Six Sigma, DMAIC, Human Centred Design, Design thinking, Appreciative Inquiry).
- Significant experience in process mapping, review and development;
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prepare high quality documents, including action plans and reports, in a timely manner;
- Highly developed facilitation, negotiation and collaboration skills and proven ability to work in partnership with senior leaders, business unit managers and their staff to implement organisational improvements and embed change;
- Expert level computer literacy and demonstrated extensive experience in the efficient utilisation of MS Office Suite – including Word, Excel and Outlook, information systems and technology, and in particular the use of Business Process Management Systems;
- Experience in data collection, analysis, justification and problem solving with the ability to develop practical solutions for complex challenges and ability to read and interpret legislation;
THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE ADVANTAGEOUS BUT IS NOT ESSENTIAL
- Local Government experience
- ‘ProMapp’ software application package experience
- Experience implementing, or working knowledge of ISO Quality Standard and/ or relevant business excellence frameworks i.e. the Australian Business Excellence Framework.
A full list of all selection criteria is available in the position description.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download the position description. Applicants must submit a Resume, Cover Letter and response to Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description, in their application to be considered for the position. Complete applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the position contact Erin Hall, Senior HR Advisor on 9384 1633.
4pm, Sunday 17 February 2019