The Grove Precinct is home to the Grove Library and Community Learning Centre, which is jointly owned and funded by the Town of Mosman Park, the Town of Cottesloe, and the Shire of Peppermint Grove; the administration offices of the Shire of Peppermint Grove are also located on the site. The Grove Precinct features many environmentally-friendly features which were supported by a major funding grant from the Australian Government under the Green Precincts Program; and the building and the waterwise gardens are well worth a visit in themselves.
Address and Contact Information:
1 Leake Street, Peppermint Grove
Tel: 9286 8686 Fax: 9286 8687
Manager of Library Services - Debra Burn
Grove Library: www.thegrovelibrary.com
Community Centre: www.thegroveprecinct.com/
Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 9.00am - 6.00pm
Thu 9.00am - 8.00pm
Sat 9.00am - 4.00pm
Sun 12.00pm - 4.00pm
The Grove Library is also part of the Western Suburbs Library Group which shares services and resources with Claremont, Nedlands and Subiaco Libraries.
Anyone can join and there is no charge. Proof of current address must be provided in the form of an official document, such as, a driver's licence or bank statement, pension card or rates notice etc. An alternative contact address is also required. A parent or guardian signature is necessary for children under 16 years of age.
What you will find in the Library
The Library holds collections for adults, children and young adults in a broad range of subjects, genre and formats. There are over 40,000 items in the Grove Library Grove Library, with access to a further 120,000 items available within the Western Suburbs Library Group. .
Materials for loan include books, talking books, large print, DVD's, music CDs, books in other languages, magazines, and downloadable e-books and audio books.
The library also provides:
- Request and Information Service - staff are happy to assist you to find what you want. If it is not in this library we will request it from another library.
- Local history – covering the three suburbs of Mosman Park, Cottesloe and Peppermint Grove
- Newspapers daily – West Australian, Australian, Financial Review, The Age
- Books on Wheels - people who are physically unable to visit the library may apply for a home delivery service.
- Children's Activities - storytelling sessions for pre-schoolers are held weekly. Holiday activities and family storytelling sessions are also offered.
- Kids’ reading club – Trident Club
- Adult literary and cultural events, book groups – for advance notice, sign up to the Grove Library Newsletter via the Grove Library’s website, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Internet - access is free to members. Beginner classes on how to use the Internet are offered on an on-going basis
- Free WIFi
- An on-site coffee lounge, Monogramme Cafe
- An on-line homework help service for students in years 4 to 12, YourTutor