The Grove Community Learning Centre
1 Leake Street, Peppermint Grove, WA 6011
Telephone: 9286 8600
Aided by a grant from Lotterywest, The Grove Community Learning Centre was opened in August 2010. It is a shared facility between the Towns of Cottesloe and Mosman Park and the Shire of Peppermint Grove.
The Grove Community Learning Centre is a welcoming, attractive venue for a wide variety of learning and social activities.
It encompasses learning activities that are non-accredited and non-formal in nature and which contribute to the development of a person’s skills and knowledge, and encourages social participation in our local community.
How to find us
The Grove Community Centre is located at the corner of Stirling Highway and Leake Street, Peppermint Grove opposite the Cottesloe Central Shopping Centre.
We are situated within The Grove Precinct between the Shire of Peppermint Grove offices and The Grove Library.
Basement parking is located off Leake Street.
Public Transport Options
1) A bus stop is located on Leake Street directly outside The Grove Precinct (Stop No: 19621). ‘103’, ‘98’
2) 1 Minute walk from Grove Shopping Ctr bus stop on Stirling Highway (Stop No: 10412) ‘99’, ’103’
3) 2 minute walk from the bus stop outside the Peard Real Estate office on Stirling Highway – opposite the Grove Shopping Ctr (Stop No:10356) ‘98’, ‘102’, ‘103’
4) We are a 5 -10 minute walk from the Cottesloe Train Station.
We encourage the use of public transport as a sustainable transport option. Journey planning can be done at : Journey Planner
We also have bike racks located at the entrance to the building or a bike locker/storage room in the basement car park if you wish to ride your bike to The Grove Precinct.
What we offer
This Community Learning Centre is available seven-days-a-week as a venue for a variety of community activities.
There are also a number of privately run activities for which you need to phone individual organisations/convenors listed as The Grove Precinct does not take these bookings:
- Westcoast Community Centre Inc The WCC is a not for profit organisation that is volunteer based and has run programmes of learning and leisure, for the community since 1993. The motto is “learning, creating, sharing knowledge & teaching”.
The objective of the WCC is to create a congenial meeting place for members and non-members of the community to increase their knowledge and skills through a variety of activities, talks, exercise, and visits to places of interest. They meet weekly, during the school term, in The Grove Library Precinct, Community Room, 1 Leake St, Peppermint Grove 6011.
Contact by phone: 9286 8676
Post: PO Box 340, Cottesloe, WA 6911.
- Child and Adolescent Community Health offer a range of parenting programs in the community centre on Wednesdays by Child Health Nurses which include Open Clinics, New Parent groups, Immunisation clinics, Introduction to Solids and Toddler information sessions. For more information phone 9286 8669.
- Community groups such as Men and Women’s Probus Clubs and University of the Third Age hold their group meetings in the centre on Mondays.
- Community classes by private hirers are also available some evenings and weekends. E.g.- yoga classes.
- Community Events are run by community groups, private hirers, local and state government organisations, etc, for meetings, arts/cultural events, presentations, workshops and seminars and these are held mainly on week-ends and evenings.
Schedule of Events
To find out what is happening during the month in the Community Learning Centre please click on the ‘Whats On?’ tab on The Grove Precinct website and ‘The Grove Schedule of Events’ will appear. Details of each learning and social activity are provided with contact details listed.
The Grove Community Centre is available for hire 7 days a week between the hours of 7.00am – 10.30pm depending on availability and for approved purposes.
For enquiries and to apply for room hire please contact The Shire of Peppermint Grove on (08) 9286 8600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at The Shire office at 1 Leake Street, Peppermint Grove, WA, 6011 during office hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.