The Town of Mosman Park is home to some highly creative youngsters, and the very best of their artistic skills were on display over the weekend, as the winners of the Town’s Junior Art Awards for 2015 were announced.
The entries showcased artworks created with a wonderful blend of techniques, materials and playfulness.
Deputy Mayor of Mosman Park, Councillor Ian Flack, who viewed the works when they were on display at the Town of Mosman Park Community Fair on Sunday 29 March, said that what was particularly striking about this year’s display was the various ways in which the entrants, aged from 3 to 13 years, depicted motion in response to the theme, ‘Get Moving’.
The winners, as announced at the Community Fair are listed below -
• Ollie Acklin, Winner - 4 years & under
• Tom Selman, Winner - 7 years & under
• Grace Donnelly, Winner - 10 years & under
• Indigo Rankin-Cheek, Winner - 13 years & under
• Ms Daly’s Pre-Primary Class, Mosman Park Primary School, Winner – Group submission
The coveted People’s Choice Award was won by Archie Maslen.
Sincere thanks to all of the students who worked so hard on their colourful creations, and to the art teachers and parents who helped to bring the submissions together.