When do I call 000?
Only call 000 in an emergency or life-threatening situation, when urgent police, fire or ambulance assistance is needed, for example:
- a serious crime is in progress, being witnessed or just committed;
- any situation where life or serious injury is threatened;
- a car accident where people are trapped or seriously injured;
- a serious air, rail or water incident;
- any incident which poses an immediate threat of danger to people or property; or
- an explosion or bomb incident or threat.
Speech or hearing impaired
If you have a speech or hearing disability the triple zero service (000) can be accessed via the National Relay Service, call TTY 106.
Police - Call 131 444
Call 131 444 for police assistance or attendance and when it is not an emergency, for example:
- reporting a disturbance or breach of the peace (domestic violence incident or antisocial behaviour);
- reporting something which has happened in the past;
- reporting a property-related incident for insurance purposes; or
- making a complaint against police or another individual.
Calls to 131 444 from most regional areas are automatically directed to the nearest police station.
Call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 if you have information about any crime, or any suspicious activities, or if you think you have useful information that may help prevent a crime.
If your property has been damaged by storm and you require emergency assistance, then please dial 132 500.
If you require SES assistance for another type of emergency, then please dial 132 500.
For life threatening emergency always dial 000.
Your local SES Unit is the Northshore SES Unit
Your Local Police Station is Cottesloe Police, click here for details.